[cups.general] Kde and gnome-print make Samba-printing fail onXerox Phaser 6350

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Tue Sep 18 09:20:57 PDT 2007

Waltraut Niepraschk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> thank your for messages.  Lukas and me try to find out what causes
> the problem.
>
> Power cycle of the printer helps.
>
> I installed the fileprinter 2file and print with gnome-print a test file.
> It is attached.

The idea wasn't for you to just use it, print 1 (or more files) and
dump the result to the list.

The idea was to give you a tool where you can do your different prints
from different clients (that's your problem, that these do result in
different things, right?) and that you *yourself* start comparing the
resulting files (use "diff" "sdiff" or just your eyeballs), their PJL
headers and what-not and see if this gives you a clue  :-)

> At the moment I have not a Windows printjob.

It's pretty useless to stare at one jobfile only if you are looking for
differences.

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS