CUPS 1.2.12 -- PCL no longercreate multiplecopies

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Tue Sep 18 09:27:56 PDT 2007

angelb wrote:

>>>The queues are configured as AppSocket/HP JetDirect with HP Laserjet
>>>Series PCL 4/5 CUPS v1.2(en).
>>>
>>>There were no printer queue changes. These queues were printing and
>>>producing the correct number of copies in CUPS 1.2.4. We've upgraded
>>>all prod server/clients to 1.2.12 on Sunday morning.
>>
>>The only change I am aware of is STR #2423 which would flag the PCL
>>files as raw.  The copies should then be produced by the socket
>>backend...
>>
>>Have you checked the (LogLevel debug) error_log files on the client
>>and server to see what is getting passed around?
>>

> I've narrowed it down to the IPP backend. If I use the ipp from CUPS 124, in a running CUPS 1212, I'd get the correct number of copies.
>
> I've not gotten any deeper other than testing the IPP backends but it
> appears to be the cause.
>
> Thanks,
> Angel

Could it be that it is a recurrence of the IPP backend bug
conserning the number of copies I posted in the old days of
CUPS 1.1.18 or 1.1.19 ?
IIRC, it was a conflict between print-job defined number of
copies (which don't show up in the IPP request) and the
copies attribute induced by copies-default in the IPP request.

If needed I can post how I then fixed the issue at oursite
(we still use pretty old 1.1.19).

Helge

--
Helge Blischke