Cups Web Interface

Patrick Vanguardia pvanguardia at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 08:12:26 PDT 2007

hi,

I added this line in my cupsd.conf

<Location /classes/adc1-467>
        AuthType Basic
        AuthClass USER
        Order allow,deny
        Allow All
</Location>

Ok this means that the classes adc1-467 will be viewable when entering the username and the password provided. Now my problem is whenever i view the http://localhost:631/classes/adc1-467 is giving me a prompt for user, when i input the user as adc1-467 which is added in samba user it doesn't recognize the user i need to input root to access the said location. Do i need something like AuthFile so when the user adc1-467 access the site it reads the authfile? and is it possible that the user adc1-467 will have access to reprint via web interface without using root user? Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
Patrick