[cups.general] Problems printing PDF files through cups.

Gerald Britton gerald.britton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 06:09:17 PDT 2007

I've run the same job with both the old and new pdftops and the old
and new pstops.  The results are the same no matter what.  The only
thing that has made a difference is using the postcript driver instead
of hpijs.

I put "Nearest size and scale" in the printer options.  That means I
do not need the option on the command line.  It doesn't really work
though.  I still get a prompt for 12x18 stock.  If I also put -o
PageSize=letter, I get it printed landscape on letter without a prompt
but no scaling.

The other weird thing is that if I use -o PageSize=legal, I have to
manually tell the printer to use the stock in the drawer (that it
knows!) has legal-size paper.

Bottom line: Scaling to fit doesn't work with this release of cups,
even with the alternate filters.