how to disable any password

Paolo Roascio roa at libero.it
Thu Sep 27 06:13:23 PDT 2007

hello, first of all sorry for my bad english...

I have an issue with cups management: each time i do an administrative task on my printer via web interface, cups require a password.

I know that i have to set it by lppasswd and then i can use it, but, at least for stopping or starting my printer,

                I DON'T WANT TO USE ANY PASSWORD!

Well, security issues aren't the case, i'm the only user of the PC and normally it isn't connected to internet/whatever.

I already edited my /etc/cupsd.conf, now all authtype istances are setted to none and the access is restricted only to localhost, but despite this, cups WANT ever the password.

How can i disable the use of any password in cups (i want that all, but really all can perform every task with my cups, no matter security issues)

Thanks in advice

Paolo