[cups.general] Problems printing PDF files through cups.

Gerald Britton gerald.britton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 06:55:43 PDT 2007

Yes, the printer has a web interface, but there's nothing there that I
can see to change what I get in this case.

I'm actually looking for a non-printer-specific solution, since I also
print similar documents at home on a low-end printer.

I had hoped that I could produce similar results (albeit more slowly
and with reduced quality) on a $200 printer as a $10000 printer.  I am
looking for a level of abstraction in cups to do that sort of thing.

What is particularly galling, is that producing the results I am
looking for -- printing a pdf scaled to fit the page size on any given
printer in landscape orientation -- is a point-and-shoot operation on
windows but, thusfar, unachievable with cups (at least the version I'm
running)

Soon I'll be able to try cups 1.3.2.  Maybe then....