how to disable any password

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Thu Sep 27 12:34:01 PDT 2007

Paolo Roascio wrote:
> hello, first of all sorry for my bad english...
>
> I have an issue with cups management: each time i do an
> administrative task on my printer via web interface, cups
> require a password.
>
> I know that i have to set it by lppasswd and then i can use
> it, but, at least for stopping or starting my printer,
>

>                 I DON'T WANT TO USE ANY PASSWORD!
>

> Well, security issues aren't the case, i'm the only user of
> the PC and normally it isn't connected to internet/whatever.
>
> I already edited my /etc/cupsd.conf, now all authtype istances
> are setted to none and the access is restricted only to
> localhost, but despite this, cups WANT ever the password.
>
> How can i disable the use of any password in cups (i want that
> all, but really all can perform every task with my cups, no
> matter security issues)
>
> Thanks in advice
>
> Paolo

Since you do not name the distro nor the CUPS version, and since you did
edit your cupsd.conf file already, we do not know the actual settings
used by your print system and we can not advice you (yet).

Please post the content of your cupsd.conf (but sans the comments, please!)
-- run this command to get it:

   grep -Ev "^$|^#" /etc/cups/cupsd.conf

--
Kurt Pfeifle