[cups.general] Problems printing PDF files through cups.

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Thu Sep 27 14:32:18 PDT 2007

Gerald Britton wrote:
> As you surmised, my ultimate goal for this pdf is to print it
> landscape and scaled to fill the page (landscape orientation)

Forget "landscape".

If you want to fill the given page size as best as can, it is enough
to just say "fitplot".

> as best
> as possible.  If I understand you correctly, there is currently no
> good way to do that via cups.

You understood wrongly.

"CUPS, the original" can do that perfectly. And does indeed do so for me.
(Yes, in the past CUPS did occasionally show bugs with PDF printing too.
But not with your current example file, with *my* current CUPS.)

"CUPS, the patched and changed, and 'enhanced' version as modified by
the $buntu/$ebian packagers" does not seem to do it for you. I'm sorry
for that, but I don't see any other advice for you than to file a bug
report with *them*.

> Is that right?

Draw your own conclusions now.  :-)

--