[cups.general] Differences between 1.1.17 on RHEL3 to 1.2.4-11.5 on RHEL5

tig tig at kenosha.org
Fri Sep 28 09:42:59 PDT 2007

    I am in the processes of upgrading the CUPS server from 1.1.17 to
1.2.4  by moving to a new Server running RHEL5.

I am having a difficulties printing ASCII text file from the command
line to my HP LaserJet 4000, 4050, 4100, 4350 's   with all the same
results.  ( I am using the same ppd file on both )

    @ the command line it use:   lp -o "cpi=17" -d
printername /tmp/tester

on the 1.1.17  server it prints  correctly    with 17 charcters per inch
ext   with 132 characters on  8X11 portrait.

when I print it on the new server  I get 17 per inch,  but it stops
printing at 80 columns on the 8x11 portrait??

Suggestions where I needs to start looking?