PostScript Level2

cedrick rauzy c.rauzy at bluewin.ch
Sat Sep 29 03:26:38 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have an application which generate postscript file which can be retreived by a Windows queue to be link to an external system. The system is working with the old lpd protocol (under silicon). I'm trying to configure it to work with RedHat where cups is installed.

If I catch the temporary file and printing it via lp command it's working. If I let cups take the file, my temporary ps file is converted in postscript level 3 and my application under windows reject the file because it's working only with PostScript level 2. How can I configure cups to generate PostScript level 2?

I think that it's a combination of mime.convs and of the setting of the printer but didn't find up to now which is the good one.

Thanks