[cups.general] PostScript Level2

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Sat Sep 29 07:54:41 PDT 2007

cedrick rauzy wrote:
> If I catch the temporary file and printing it via lp command it's
> working. If I let cups take the file, my temporary ps file is
> converted in postscript level 3 and my application under windows
> reject the file because it's working only with PostScript level 2.
> How can I configure cups to generate PostScript level 2?

CUPS does not convert PostScript files to Level 3, however it *does*
add DSC comments to the PS file (the "%!PS-Adobe-3.0" part), which I
suspect you are thinking means the file has been changed to Level 3.
(which it doesn't - the 3.0 refers to the Document Structuring
Conventions spec version, not the PostScript language level...)