how to disable any password

Paolo Roascio roa at libero.it
Sat Sep 29 08:47:37 PDT 2007

> Since you do not name the distro nor the CUPS version, and since you did
> edit your cupsd.conf file already, we do not know the actual settings
> used by your print system and we can not advice you (yet).
>
> Please post the content of your cupsd.conf (but sans the comments, please!)
> -- run this command to get it:
>
>    grep -Ev "^$|^#" /etc/cups/cupsd.conf

Hello Kurt, thanks for your reply :)

Well, i have the same problem on my home PC as well as my office PC, in the first one runs a linuxfromscratch system, on the latter a slackware 12.

Both PC have the same cups.conf:

LogLevel info
User lp
Group lp
Port 631
<Location />
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
</Location>
AuthType None
<Location /admin>
AuthType None
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
</Location>

in both PC i have the same issue.

Well, in my work PC it was only a test, password for increase security is welcome, but at home, my printer needs to be stopped and started each time it ends paper (is broken, i now...), then password requirement is a bit awful.

P.S. in my cupsd.conf you can see that my cups runs as user lp in lp group. My user is in that group too, but this isn't enough to get rid of password.

P.P.S. my cups version is 1.2.7