Initiate Command to printer throgh backend w/o print job

Premjo premjo.elias at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 23:18:21 PDT 2007

Hi,
  Do i can write my own commandto<printer> filter and add it on the PPD file. when i do a click of button on the web interface the printer specific command will directly go to the backend and get execute on the printer? Is that reply can be displayed on the web?,if yes where do i have to write interface? if no, is this reply can be captured on any port monitoing system? might be i am asking a wrong question, please pardon me.
premjo