[cups.general] Problems printing PDF files through cups.

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Sun Sep 30 13:26:43 PDT 2007

Gerald Britton wrote:
> I've tried both the old pdftops (that came with my cups distro)

You are wrong here.

What CUPS ships and shipped in the past was *never* a Perl script.
When you have a Perl script, it is because your distro has changed
what CUPS itself provides. When your "old pdftops" also is a Perl
script, it is only because that change was made earlier than the
date your old pdftops file carries.

As I proofed to you by doing the manual conversion using the origi-
nal CUPS pdftops filter, this bug does not appear here.

So you need to complain to your distro (or the Perl script develo-
per) about that bug. Not to CUPS.

> and
> the new one that Helge pointed me to.  Both are perl scripts as it
> turns out.

My CUPS-provided pdftops binary filter works perfectly for this use
case.

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS