cupsdAuthorize: No authentication data provided

Richard McLaren richard_mclaren at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 30 14:13:02 PDT 2007

I am running CUPS on an Unslung NSLU2.  The installation looks good. I have checked the .ppd file. I can access the Administration page and there are no errors until I start printing.  When I try to print, I get the message "cupsdAuthorize: No authentication data provided" repeated many times in the error log until I cancel the print job.  What authentication data is CUPS looking for that will allow printing to proceed?