[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2502: images do not get automatically rotated to best fitting the paper any more

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 12:46:52 PDT 2007

[STR New]

I am printing photos with an HP PhotoSmart A717 (portable 5x7-inch photo
printer). This printer uses the HPIJS driver so that it comes to the
following filter chain:

JPG --> imagetops --> pstops --> foomatic-rip --> PCL

I supply the options "scaling=100", aligning of the image to the top
right, "fitplot", the correct paper size, and the printout mode "1200 dpi,
full-bleed". The pictures have 3:2 aspect ratio (DSLR) and the paper, too
(4x6 inch paper).

Now I expect that the imagetops filter rotates the landscape image by 90
degrees to fill the portrait paper exactly. This was the case with CUPS
1.2.x and earlier, but in 1.3.0 I get the image filling the upper 2.67
inches of the paper on the full width.

I have to supply also the option for landscape orientation to make the
photo getting rotated correctly. This worked automatically before.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2502
Version: 1.3.0