[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2516: CUPS_LOCALEDIR handling broken in 1.3.1

martin.pitt.canonical martin.pitt at canonical.com
Mon Sep 17 07:12:07 PDT 2007

[STR New]

With the plain 1.3.1 tarball and a simple './configure', CUPS_LOCALEDIR now
defaults to "" (in config.h). Specifying --localedir explicitly now does
not work at all any more:

$ ./configure --localedir=/usr/share/cups/locale
configure: error: unrecognized option: --localedir=/usr/share/cups/locale

autoconf'ing the source helps to bring back --localedir and the
/usr/share/locale/ default.

But even after this, I only get three or four strings in the UI which are
actually translated (many of the page headers), most of the UI is in
English.

Also, the style of the pages changed dramatically, but I guess that's
deliberate.

Thank you in advance!

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2516
Version: 1.3.1