[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2452: Mapping usernames via external code

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Sat Sep 22 14:47:43 PDT 2007

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

Hmm, I'm thinking that this really would be implemented on top of STR
#1308.  Ultimately we could extend the current authenticated username to
be username at host for HTTP Basic and Digest authentication, similar to how
Kerberos uses username at REALM.  A cupsd plug-in could then do any mapping
(the default mapping would be to strip the @foo part to do local user
authorization), logging, and/or access control.

Please follow-up with comments/requirements to STR #1308:

    http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1308

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2452
Version:  -feature
Fix Version: None