[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2533: still charset encoding problems

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Thu Sep 27 21:50:06 PDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 03:03:50PM -0700, Michael Sweet wrote:

> [STR Closed w/o Resolution]
>
> You are passing an unsupported charset to cupsd. You MUST use UTF-8 for all
> text strings.

Then CUPS should immediately reject the print job when it is
submitted from a non-UTF-8 locale charset, this way we would know
there's a problem.

CUPS also accepts my print jobs sent with lp/lpr (the CUPS ones)
without any problem, despite my locale using the ISO-8859-15 charset.

Such print jobs should be rejected if CUPS doesn't support anything
other than ascii and utf-8.

bye

Jerome Alet