Remote DownLevel Document - SMB

Darren Cocco bouldersgate at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 1 22:58:08 PDT 2008

I need some assitance in regards to setting up a CUPS box to print to a Windows 2003 Server. The only problem I have at this point in time is that when the print job goes to the queue the document name is Remote DownLevel Document. Is there some way to set up CUPS so that it will send the document name along with print job. Please note it is not possible to modify the Windows 2003 Server or change the printing backend.

This is the command used to add the printer to CUPS:
sudo lpadmin -p Printer-FM -v smb://username:password@DOMAIN/IP_ADDRESS/Printer-FM -m laserjet.ppd.gz  -o printer-is-shared=false -o media=A4 -E

CUPS Version 1.3.6

Thank you.