printing barcodes

Jesse Waters jesse.waters at timco.aero
Wed Apr 2 11:53:44 PDT 2008

Hello all,

 Need some help in printing barcodes to Kyocera-Mita FS-9120dn.
Our existing application runs on HPUX 11.0 systems. It can print 3of9 barcodes without an issue to all printers we have at our facility (mixture of kyoceras, dells, & hp printers). The app send/loads PCL fonts to the printer then within the print stream it has escape sequences to use barcode font instead of regular text, after barcode part is sent it turns it off by send a closing escape sequence string.

Whats strange is I could get the application to print properly to a HP 4050n but only using a generic text driver. If i tried any other driver all it would print is escape characters barcode.

Any suggestions or pointers be a great help,

 Jesse Waters
 Timco Aviation Services
 Unix/Linux/Database Admin