CUPS Printer driver for HP Laserjet p1006

jeff starr starjs at att.net
Sat Apr 5 13:31:04 PDT 2008

Attempted to access CUPS website printer driver for HP Laserjet P 1006.
No such driver exists.  The HP Laserjet p1006 printer is very popular USB printer and when I installed SUSE linux, a standard CUPS printer driver originated, however, this standard CUPS printer driver does not allow me to print to HP Laserjet p1006 USB printer. How do I get the correct printer driver to work on the USB HP Laserjet p1006?

I have also checked my bios config for USB printer and the bios is
set for usb printer on my New DELL system.

It looks like there are a lot of problems like this in regards to
SUSE Linux v10.3 and many new users are frustrated!

Looking forward to anyones reply regarding this subject!

Email > starjs at att.net