copy configurations

Marc Ziegenhagen mz at panorgan.ch
Mon Apr 7 10:24:12 PDT 2008

> Marc Ziegenhagen wrote:
> > Hello Helge
> >
> > This files I know, but this files haven't the original filename from the ppd-files in the directory
> >         /usr/share/cups/model
> > But to install with the lpadmin I need the original-name of the files in the /usr/share/cups/model. So my question is how I find out this original filenames?
> >
> > Marc Ziegenhagen
> >

> >>For all printers in the printers.conf file, the line
> >>	<Printer name_of_this_printer>
> >>you'll find a file
> >>	/etc/cups/ppd/name_of_this_printer.ppd
> >>
> >>Helge
> >>

> >>--
> >>Helge Blischke
> >>Softwareentwicklung
> >>
> >>H.Blischke at acm.org

> You do not need to reinstall these printers. All information
> you need is contained in printers.conf and the said PPD files.
> I suspect there is no way to regain the original PPD names
> from the model directory.
>
> Helge
>
> --
> Helge Blischke
> Softwareentwicklung
>
> H.Blischke at acm.org

Hello Helge

On my system in the moment I have a the following file in the /etc/cups/pdd directory:
hplj4000.ppd
hplj4000pan.ppd
oki5300.ppd
oki5300pan.ppd

But on the new system there has no such ppd-file, there exists only the original ones like HP/LaserJet_4000_Postscript.ppd.gz.
So how can I generate on the new system this printers when I not can take the name of the original pdd file somewhere on the old system?

Marc Ziegenhagen