1.2.7: delete printer queue

ekkard gerlach jack at aiai.de
Tue Apr 8 01:53:03 PDT 2008

How can I delete printer queue in cups 1.2.7? - In older versions of
CUPS I deleted all d*-files in /var/spool/cups/  and all files in
/var/spool/cups/tmp/  , the a cupsd restart an all queues have been
clean. But not so in CUPS 1.2.7! The printer queues in lpc status show
printer jobs an the printer does not work.

The html-frontend localhost:631  obviously "knows" how to delete the
queues. Using the GUI-function "delete jobs" all jobs are cleared and
the printer now prints all new incoming jobs.

Where does cups save job information in 1.2.27?

I just found the command  "cancel -a" on Suse 10.2. I don't know if
thats the solution to cancel all jobs because I've no "not-working"
printer at the moment. Is "cancel" delivered with every CUPS? Or a
Suse-specific solution?

Where does 1.2.27  save jobs information? - I'd like to delete all
printer jobs in boot.local before CUPS is started. So I need to know the
file I have to delete/ manipulate that all jobs are delete at boot time.

thx
Ekkard