disable client function at a server

skelan shit2000 at web.de
Fri Apr 11 07:35:37 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm running a central CUPS server to share some printers.
(Debian Etch - cupsys 1.2.7-4etch2)

Therefor I've the following lines in my /etc/cups/cupsd.conf :
# Show shared printers on the local network.
Browsing On
BrowseOrder allow,deny
BrowseAllow @LOCAL

My problem now is that the Cups Server did include other printers which are shared by cups installations of other Linux workstations on the network.
I can't even delete those printers, they're just included.

Is there any option to prevent Cups from playing client and including other printers which are shared by foreign computer/cups installations?

I thought that "Browsing" needs to be "on" as I want to share the local printer of the cups server to the network. But regarding the possible options in cupsd.conf it seems to me that this could be the only option which disables this feature in Cups.

I haven't found any help on my issue in the documentation or the forums yet.

Thanks