command line options??

Rex Mueller rmueller at esu3.org
Fri Apr 11 12:12:14 PDT 2008

I have to admit my ignorance about CUPS. (i bought the book though :-) and am RTFM.

to make a long story short, we are currently running HP/UX but will be migrating to RHEL5..

Kind of looking for a solution of sorts for converting from HP/UX "addqueue/hppi jetadmin" created queue to CUPS, and HOW they did it?

As I've been using jet admin to create physical queues, and
We have in the neighborhood of 300 physical jetadmin queues and each queue have 4-6 corresponding logical queues for "options" Options of primary are as follows:

Portrait "-ovsi7.27"
Portrait Compressed = "-oc -vsi7.27"
Landscape = "-olandscape"
landscape Compressed " olandscape -oc -ovsi5.45"

(Where VSI=vertical space per inch)

obviously other options as well.

I need to make changes to 1200+ entries to command entry into several database, I do have a length constraint that the command can only be 60 characters in length.

Does someone have a HOWTO or FAQ on how to define such a scenario.

The man pages do not have very good "examples" that would be beneficial..

as it stand the current database entry on HP/UX looks as follows:
BuildingID, Quename, PR_COMMAND,
1,ADM hp 1320 PORT, lp -d arladmhp1320 -ovsi7.27,
1,ADM hp 1320 PORTCOMP,lp -d arladmhp1320 -ovsi7.27 -oc,
1,ADM hp 1320 LAND,lp -d arladmhp1320 -ovsi5.45 -olandscape,
1,ADM hp 1320 LANDCOMP,lp -d arladmhp1320 -ovsi5.45 -oc -olandscape,

any ideas, pointers (not just RTFM) or suggestions would be appreciated.