[cups.general] command line options??

henri henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Sun Apr 13 15:23:59 PDT 2008

> We have in the neighborhood of 300 physical jetadmin queues and each
> queue have 4-6 corresponding logical queues

You may want to look at PrinterSetup : http://www.lucidsystems.org/printingworks/printersetup

PrinterSetup uses text files to define each queue. The file system is
the database used to store these print queue definitions. This means
you can easily write some scripts to manipulate these print queue
definitions.

You can store any custom PPD's for the queues in a folder called PPDs
in the root directory of PrinterSetup.

Sorry I do not have any experience with JetAdmin. But if you can pull
the data out from there then you can probably create some
PrinterSetupFiles.

> I do have a length constraint that the command can only be 60
> characters in length.

Could you explain this constraint a little further.

Hope this helps.