[cups.general] cups-windows errors printing pdf-files

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Apr 14 04:23:33 PDT 2008

On Monday 14 April 2008, tim wrote:
>hi
>
>is there realy no one with this problem.
>
>> i updated my cups from an older version using pscript5 and Adobe windows
>> drivers. now i switched to: cups = 1.2.12-r7
>> cups-windows = 6.0
>> samba = 3.0.28
>> Printers = Kyocera Mita FS1920 / FS1010
>>
>> If i print pdf-documents from the windows clients (w2k/wXP) the first page
>> comes out and the second page is an error-message or the printer goes to
>> error state. If i print the same document beginning from the second page
>> everything works fine. I tried several different pdf-files and some print
>> and some with this error. The older windows drivers worked fine with the
>> same pdf-files.
>> The Acrobat-Reader-Versions are still the same (7.1 and 8.0).
>> Printing the from linux-cmd works fine with the same pdf-files.
>>
>> Please help.
>
>cu tim

I don' have this problem, but I can't help but comment that your cups install,
and your samba install, are both a bit dated.  Cups in particular.

Here:
cups-1.3.6-4.fc8
samba-3.0.28a-0.fc8
gutenprint-5.0.2-1.fc8

No windows on my network so I cannot comment on that version.
I do not print using samba anyway, mine are all setup using ipp.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)