[cups.general] Groups of printers?

henri henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Mon Apr 14 15:20:20 PDT 2008

> I'm still wondering whether classes can sensibly used only for
> logical grouping of printers

Sorry, I do not know that much about printer class CUPs. I am guessing
someone on the list will be able to help you.

> I think that all (!) that might be required is a tag on each XCUPS
> printer definition with the name of the printer group. The web
> 'Printers' list would show the printers grouped accordingly.
As I mentioned I can see the benefits you would gain by having these
logical groups. Lets see if a CUP's developer picks this project up.

In the mean time if you need this setup again, another way could be to
setup a web-front end to multiple print servers which could group the
printers by server?

Just a thought.