[cups.general] command line options??

henri henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Mon Apr 14 15:30:27 PDT 2008

> I looked at the lucidsystems package and unfortunately it is appears
> to be specific to the MacOSX. We are running Redhat ES 5 on Intel.
PrinterSetup should work on any *NIX distribution with CUPS.
PrinterSetup has been tested on Debian 3.1.

If PrinterSetup is not able to create a printer on a RedHat system, it
is most likely that a new module for adding printers to a RedHat
system needs to be added. If you need any help then let me know.

> One of my questions is what commandline switches for options can
> allow the aformentioned options for COMPRESS, LANDSCAPE,  DUPLEX, etc?
Normally these options are set in the PPD? However, you may also want
to look at the lpoptions command : http://www.linuxcommand.org/man_pages/lpoptions1.html

I hope this helps.