Printing to Xerox with Xerox Standard Accounting enabled

Shawn K. bamapookie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 08:06:23 PDT 2008

At work, I have to print to a Xerox 7345 WorkCenter that has Xerox Standard Accounting enabled.  Windows users get a prompt when they print to enter a group number (in my case, 50), so that total printed pages can be tracked by group.  I get no such prompt with the Linux/CUPS/xerox ppd file.  I only get a series of beeps and a 016-757 error (invalid password). I have tried adding things to the url (ipp://192.168.0.22/ipp/?password=50, etc.).  I have tried creating a user with the name of the group and printing with that, but nothing works.  Does anyone have any insight?