How to retrieve cups job informations in realtime?

Jardel Weyrich w.jardel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 10:29:07 PDT 2008

Hi there.

I want to know HOW and what's the BETTER way to get the contents from the job structure (cups_job_t) in realtime (on the fly). I mean, when someone in the network uses the printer (through CUPS obviously), I must "log" as many informations as possible about that (# of pages, # of copies, colored or not, resolution, paper type, and so on).

How could I get these informations in realtime? using filters? jobs.cache? spool?

Let me know if you don't completely understand what I want to do, and I'll try to explain it better.

Thank you in advance,
Jardel