[cups.general] Cups client question

henri henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Sun Apr 20 21:06:38 PDT 2008

I am currently adding features to PrinterSetup, so that it will
support automatic print queue creation on both clients and servers
from one centrally managed location. I will post a message back to
this list, once version 0025 is released with the required features to
support this kind of centralized management.

I expect that before version 0030 is released, there will be a Mac OS
X client component and this will be bundled with PrinterSetup.

I hope this helps. If you are looking for a solution for an operating
system other then Mac OS X, then you are welcome to help develop a
PrinterSetup update schedular for the operating systems you need
supported. I am happy to help.

It would be great to have a free, open source, cross platform,
centrally managed print queue distribution system. I would be happy to
have some help.

Details on PrinterSetup are available from : http://www.lucidsystems.org/printingworks/printersetup/

Please keep in mind that PrinterSetup is still in an alpha stage of
development.