[cups.general] Run script if print job starts

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Mon Apr 21 02:25:34 PDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 02:14:36AM -0700, gordijn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using CUPS and I want to accomplish the following:
> - if a print job starts, I want to invoke a script (the script will power on my printer).
> Is there a hook in cups that I can use for such a script?

You can write a script which will subscribe through IPP to the
appropriate event to be IPP notified when a job enters the print
queue, and then use whatever method to wake your printer up.

If you've got the script to wake the printer up, the easiest way for
you is probably to use Tea4CUPS though, available under the terms of
the GNU GPL from http://www.pykota.com, because you will only
need 5 minutes to do what you want with it.

hth

Jerome Alet