Force linux user when printing from XP

Mark Coolen mark.coolen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 12:16:44 PDT 2008

I'm trying to set up faxing from XP to cups using HPLIP with a HP Laserjet 3050.  It works fine using the Microsoft Image Writer postscript driver except that the windows username (I'm in am Active Directory domain environment) has to be the same as the linux user hp-sendfax is run as for hp-sendfax to pick up the printed document (I'm using NX to run hp-sendfax on the XP machines.)

My question is: is there any way for me to have CUPS think that a certain user owns the print job (i.e. office) regardless of the actual windows login name?  Hp-sendfax picks up the fax pages based on the username associated with the cups print job.

Mark Coolen