HP DesignJet 5000PS - overriding internal rip?

Jon Beebe beebe at big-images.com
Tue Apr 22 13:46:47 PDT 2008

Here is an update to my progress.  I found this driver, http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-DesignJet_5000, which says it works with the non-ps version of the DesignJet 5000.  I tried this on my system and it did nothing.  The printer never received any print data.

I also found the Footmatic rip (http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/MacOSX/foomatic), which seems promising, but I cannot get it to work.  This is probably due to my unfamiliarity with Cups.

I am not sure if either of these are the right path to follow in my quest; if anyone can offer guidance I would love to hear from you.

Thanks!