CUPS 1.3.7 Compile problems on Solaris 10 x86(Scheduler)

Robert Beaty beatyrm at auburn.edu
Wed Apr 23 06:04:32 PDT 2008

> Robert Beaty wrote:
> > After my last bit of posting and figuring out I need a 1.3.x version
> > of CUPS I got to work on compiling 1.3.7. I have worked through a
> > number of issues involving malformed sed commands in Makefiles and
> > finding all the needed libraries and figured I was set but now I
> > can't for the life of me get the scheduler to compile.
>
> --disable-gssapi will work around the broken Kerberos headers on your
> Solaris install.
>
> What sed problems did you run into?  The CUPS makefiles only use sed
> when updating dependencies, which isn't required for normal builds
> (that's only used when CUPS code/headers are changed...)
>
> --
> Michael R Sweet                        Senior Printing System Engineer

I'll have to check on exactly which it was but I believe it was filter. It would die because it tried to run a sed command with the -r flag which doesn't exist at least for the sed in my Solaris install. All I did was go through and remove that particular flag from them and everything ran fine through the next compile. I'm not sure why it came up as I don't believe I did anything out of the ordinary. I did a standard ./configure --disable-gssapi then make and make install. Nothing special by any means beyond the disable there. Well I did a make clean before all that just to be safe but I don't imagine that should have caused any problems.

-Robert