[cups.general] Blank page printed after each job

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Apr 30 02:44:16 PDT 2008

Hello,

On Apr 30 10:45 Markus Meyer wrote (shortened):
> I am using CUPS 1.3.7 as part of Ubuntu 8.04 on an i386 architecture
> computer with an HP LaserJet 3030 printer (Foomatic/hpijs 2.8.2 driver).
> The printer is connected via a printer server at lpd://192.168.0.1/lpt1.
>
> My problem is that after each job (be it a test page, printing from
> OpenOffice, Firefox etc.) a blank page is output.

I guess you have to configure your printserver box correctly
so that it does no longer emit an additional formfeed character,
see your documentation of your printserver box.
E.g. you may use a different queue name instead of "lpt1"
which does not emit an additional formfeed character
if possible, see your documentation of your printserver box.

Alternatively use the "AppSocket Protocol" instead of LPD, see
http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/network.html

> I can't believe that this is a problem which seems to exist
> for years and no one knows an answer!

I can't believe that it is a problem to find possible answers
via Google - at least I found several possible reasons
and many answers.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex