[cups.general] Diagnosing a cups error

Michael Sullivan michael at espersunited.com
Wed Apr 30 12:46:34 PDT 2008

I run Gentoo Linux.  The printer is hooked up to my wife's computer
(running cups-1.2.12-r8).  We used to be able to print stuff with the
current configuration, but now we can't.  Whenever we try to use a
netscape-type browser, the thing freezes as soon as one requests a print
dialog.  If I go into CUPS web interface, I can print a test page
successfully from there, and I can print on the command prompt by
redirecting to /dev/lp0.  Are there any tools I can use to further
diagnose this problem?  I know I have not provided complete information
here; I can if deemed necessary, but I'm hoping that there's a simpler
answer...
-Michael Sullivan-