[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #2784: BJ-10e driver causes system to freeze

Torge tvzengen at web.de
Fri Apr 4 11:36:54 PDT 2008

[STR New]

There are two systems here, an older and a new one both running Ubuntu
7.04. The newer one was supposed to replace the older system.
However, the new system will freeze when a Canon BJ-10e driver is
configured for this printer. After configuration, the first time the
printing system is actually required (i.e., printing a test page), the
system freezes completely. After a hard reset, the system will freeze
every time at the moment the log on screen is being displayed.
The system, with a configured BJ-10e driver active, cannot run normally,
removal/renaming of the "printers.conf" file is necessary to make the
system available normally again.
The printer being actually connected to the sys or not makes no
difference.
On the older system this error does not happen, the printer works. Apart
from hardware, the only difference I could find is that the older system
uses v1.2.4 and the new system has 1.2.8 for some reason.

I have attached two log and two configuration files as requested. Thanks!

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2784
Version: 1.2.8