[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #2797: BJ 10e Driver causes system freeze

Torge tvzengen at web.de
Fri Apr 11 09:27:10 PDT 2008

[STR New]

Hi, I use CUPS to operate an old Canon BJ 10-e printer with Ubuntu 7.04.
Recently I exchanged the system for a newer one, also running Ubuntu 7.04-
However, on this system the activation of the driver causes the entire
system to freeze up. Only recovery mode then works and must be used to
delete the printers.conf file to reset the system.
I scanned for differences on both systems, and /apart from the hardware of
course) the only difference I found is that the newly set up system uses
CUPS v.1.2.8 whilst the older one had 1.2.4 for some reason.
I'd really be grateful for a solution to this as I like this old and very
reliable printer.
Cheers,
Majikthise

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2797