[cups.development] Samsung SCX-4100 And Canon PIXMA iP 1500

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 20 09:49:46 PDT 2008

Hmm, I wonder why you are asking on cups.dev... I don't know either printers, but any of the printing* lists under linux foundation is probably more appropriate. have a look at linuxprinting.org and openprinting.org as well, and lastly, if the canon is an lips printer, you might want to go to the japanese canon web site where they have linux drivers... and have a look at ddiwrapper (which can load windows XP
drivers under linux) as well, which is known to work with some canon
printers.

As for your last question, snoopypro is your answer, but you can probably get the firmware by unpacking the windows driver, without using snoopypro.