CUPS problem with TIFF images

anthony do masterzenutopia at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 14:53:17 PDT 2008

To those CUPS gurus,

On my old AIX-Unix, I was running ESP-CUPS with Image Alchemy version 1.11 for AIX.

Example below is the exact command to print to my color HP printer successfully on AIX but on new Suse Enterprise Linux Server 10.3.

/usr/bin/lp -d hp4600ps -o media=Tabloid,Tray3 -o scaling=85 -o position=center -o gamma=1450 -o saturation=150 /imagetiff/t23r6w17.tiff

The error were endless blank pages printout that I have had to manually press "Cancel Job" to kill the print job.

The question is how to make it work the same for Suse10.3 with CUPS?
Are there existed CUPS options to allow me do similar above lp command?

Please reply back with any solution if you know of. Thank you!

Anthony,
April 24, 2008 Thu.
USA