Authentication print with IPP

Emil emil.kjer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 13:55:27 PDT 2008

Hi.

I have a problem when printing from linux on my IPP printers. In Windows I use a Novell "iPrint"-client but when using the Linux version of iPrint it freeze my firefox-browser(normal add-printer-method). I'm using Debian Sid and Firefox 3.

For authentication I need to use username and password.

Can I use Cups or any other app for printing with this authentication from my linux box?

If so is it possible to make a print server to avoid thes authentication on other machines, like a mapping samba-print-server or so?

Thanks!