Printer PPD file

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 07:05:52 PDT 2008

This database entry does not refer to a driver especially for this
printer. It refers to a driver for another printer which is compatible
to your printer.

So at first start your printer setup tool, create a print queue and
select the "HP Color LaserJet Series PCL 6 CUPS" entry. If the entry is
there and the printer works with it you are done. This is possible on
very recent Solaris versions.

For older Solaris versions click on the "pxlcolor" link in the gray box
at the top of the web page and then download the PPD for the "Generic
PCL-6/XL printer" and then set up your printer with this PPD.

You will need foomatic-rip and Ghostscript. Both ship already with Solaris.

    Till