Showing state of Job (hold) and restarting from the shell

Thomas Güttler hv at tbz-pariv.de
Thu Aug 7 03:14:21 PDT 2008

Hi,

for some minutes our custom backend was not available. After
retrying some time cups set some jobs to hold.

How can you see that a job is hold with the shell (lpq/lpstat).

How can you restart the job with the shell?

I know how to do this with the web gui, but I need to do this
from the shell (scripting).

If this not possible with the current cups shell tools, it should
be possible to do with e.g. wget. Has someone examples how
to do this (show job state and retry job) with wget?

 Thomas