[cups.general] cups-1.3.8 on Solaris 10

Norm Jacobs Norm.Jacobs at Sun.COM
Fri Aug 8 14:57:32 PDT 2008

Building CUPS on Solaris is pretty straight forward.  It's pretty much a
matter of running configure and make.  It should build with current
Studio or GCC  If you can live with 1.3.0, the current Solaris 10
Software Companion contains a built and packaged version of 1.3.0 (see
http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/companion/).  If you are are
interested in Solaris Nevada or OpenSolaris 2008.05, the current builds
include 1.3.7 packaged and installed by default.  This being said, if
your problem is a driver issue (device or printer), a new version of
CUPS isn't necessarily going to solve it.

    -Norm