snmp address ranges

Stephen Isard suovmbg02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Aug 12 17:59:48 PDT 2008

> Your printers are not configured properly (wrong netmask?) or have a
> buggy IP stack that can't deal with "classless" networks (networks
> that have netmasks other than 255.0.0.0, 255.255.0.0, or
> 255.255.255.0).

Ok.  I'd be very grateful if you could suggest a way for me to demonstrate that to the people who administer the printers without involving CUPS.  (I am afraid that if I show them the results from the CUPS snmp backend that I mentioned in my first message, they will just claim ignorance of CUPS and try to blame it for any problems I encounter).  The printers are both HP series 4050 laserjets, if that's any help.

Thanks for your time and attention.