[cups.general] Kerberos authentication - help needed - take 2 (Rick Cochran)

henri henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Tue Aug 12 21:25:31 PDT 2008

Another possibility is that some work could be done on PrintAgent so
the web-based login is Kerberized. However, I have no experience
Kerberizing web services. I also have no idea regarding the
feasibility of Kerberizing web services.

The following URL has some information regarding the use of Kerberos
to secure web services at Cornell : http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/pages/viewinfo.action?pageId=19472

PrintAgent is able to use PAM for authentication. However, I am not
really sure if PrintAgent is a good fit for will do what you want. It
will depend on whether you would like users to be able to check their
print balances etc...

Print Agent details are available from : http://www.lucidsystems.org/printingworks/printagent/

If you have any experience or interest with Kerberizing services then
let us know if you would like to discuss the possibility of
collaborating on such a project.

Keep in touch.