[cups.general] Download completed jobs

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Aug 13 12:57:22 PDT 2008

Abos Undso wrote:
> Hi,
> I know I can reprint jobs that are already completed. But is it also possible to download the files that have been printed instead of printing them again? Are they stored in some directory on the server?

The original job files are in /var/spool/cups (all of the "d" files)
if you have PreserveJobFiles set to "yes".

As for accessing the files, short of running as root (so you can read
the files directly), there is no way to do it in CUPS 1.3.  CUPS 1.4
adds a CUPS-Get-Document operation that can be used to retrieve the
job files as long as you are an admin or the owner of the job.